Been awhile since the last update, but I was trying a variety of reinforcing techniques to try and make this pauldron more durable, with limited results. I have completed cutting all parts of this pauldron out of 0.02" white styrene and hotglued everything together, reinforcing with a hotglued second layer of stryene at certain points. This styrene-hotglue-styrene sandwich is surprisingly strong, however, everything is exceptionally sensitive to heat damage. Too long in a hot car and it will definitely explode apart or melt at the joints.
I then test fit the pauldron on the chestplate for size and proportion. I am fairly satisfied with how it stands now (definitely going to do a version 2.0 of this once my skill level goes up), so the next step is engineering attachment points at the neck for the pauldrons. I'd like to be able to detach the pauldrons for easier transport.